January 28, 2007

Weekend update


We had a pretty interesting weekend. On Friday I went with my BFF Amber to sushi while the boys hung out and played video games. I was so sleepy that I hardly remember the night at all. And Saturday we went to Couer d'Alene to see Amy, Mark and their two little munchkins. But Sunday was the day that made the weekend.

After our usual Sunday family walk with Bonzo, I decided to go to Wallmart. For those of you who know- Brian and I both HATE the evil empire that is Wallmart and, as a rule we do not shop there. However, I needed to exchange a gift and I didn't have a receipt. So I went in and took care of my business; I declined a bag and put two of my items in my purse: a pack of gum and a valentine card. As I was leaving the store a pimply kid said he needed to see my receipt- I showed it to him and he said there was a problem with it and to wait near the exit while he left to take care of things. I stood there for about 30 seconds before I got fed up and I left.

I was 1/2 way to my car when I hear the kid yelling "M'am! M'am!" so I turn and see him and a security guard chasing after me. The kid told me to go back into the store because there was a problem with my receipt. I said I didn't need the receipt and I was going home, but they were determined to get me back in there. We argued in the parking lot for a minute before I relented. Against my better judgement I followed them back in. The kid kept saying there was a problem with the receipt- and it wasn't until I was almost to the customer service counter that he told me he thought I had shoplifted!!!

Well, that set me off and I went into a furious tirade. I was making sure that they knew exactly how I felt about being accused of stealing A PACK OF GUM AND A VALENTINE!!! (mind you I was carrying a $65.00 comforter and a houseplant...but it was the GUM I was really after in my devious shoplifting plan!) I will not type the things I yelled at this kid and the security guard but, suffice to say, they were not words becoming of a lady. Anyhow, the whole problem was fixed after I was taken to the security station and made to wait with the kid and the guard for over 15 minutes for a manager to fix the problem. Even worse: NO ONE SAID SORRY TILL I TOLD THEM THEY OWED ME AN APOLOGY!!! Ignorant, government-supported, fools!

I will not be visiting a Wallmart ever again. Ever. Ever again.

1 comment:

Skinny Minnie said...

WOW! I would have been pissed too. I hate going there too. They are trying put one in Ventura... but me on Victoria. I really hope not!